Terms and conditions
Last updated: February 3, 2017
This Website is provided by Veterinary Business Development Ltd, whose registered office address is:
Veterinary Business Development Limited, c/o Peachey & Co LLP, 95 Aldwych, London, WC2B 4JF
And whose company number is: 2185105 (England).
And whose VAT number is GB 472 9241 34
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998, registration number Z7050044
Please also refer to Our general site Terms and Conditions.
- “VBD” means Veterinary Business Development Ltd, whose registered office is at Veterinary Business Development Ltd, c/o Peachey & Co LLP, 95 Aldwych, London, WC2B 4JF, and any subsidiary from time to time of Veterinary Business Development Ltd also referred to as "We", "Us" and "Our".
- “You” means any, and all casual surfers, regular visitors, members, forum posters, bloggers and advertisers using the site for banners, who land upon the site by choice or mistake.
- "Websites" means the websites, mobile apps (iPhone and Android apps) and WAP sites (including their constituent pages) published by Veterinary Business Development Ltd; and any other Website, WAP site, mobile apps (iPhone and Android apps) site, or web address owned or operated by a member of Veterinary Business Development Ltd as may link to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- By placing an order You are offering to purchase a service on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
- In order to contract with Us You must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to Us.
- We retain the right to refuse any request or order made by You without giving a reason.
- If Your order is accepted We will inform You by email and We will confirm the identity of the party which You have contracted with. This will usually be Us or may in some cases be a third party.
- Where a contract is made with a third party, We are not acting as either agent or principal and the contract is made between Yourself and that third party and will be subject to their own terms and conditions.
- When placing an order You undertake that all details You provide to Us are true and accurate, that You are an authorised user of the credit or debit card used to place Your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods.
- The cost of any foreign products and services may fluctuate.
- All prices advertised are subject to such changes.
B. Our Contract
- When You place an order, You will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of Your order: this email is only an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of Your order.
- A contract between Us will not be formed until We send You confirmation by e-mail that the service(s) which You ordered have been provided for You.
- Only those goods listed in the confirmation e-mail sent at the time of dispatch will be included in the contract formed.
C. Pricing and Availability of service
- While We try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If We discover an error in the price of any goods which You have ordered We will inform You of this as soon as possible and give You the option of reconfirming Your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
- If We are unable to contact You We will treat the order as cancelled. If You cancel and You have already paid for the service, You will receive a full refund of Your payment.
D. Payment and refund
- Upon receiving Your order We carry out a standard authorisation check on Your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds to fulfil the transaction. Your card will be debited upon authorisation being received. The monies received upon the debiting of Your card shall be treated as a deposit against the value of the service You wish to purchase.
- Once You have been sent a confirmation email, the monies paid as a deposit shall be Used as consideration for the value of service You have purchased as listed in the confirmation email.
- Once You have availed Yourself of the service that You have purchased, You have no right to a refund of the purchase price, other than those provided under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
- The Distance Selling Regulations do not apply to services offered on this site.
E. Disclaimer of Liability
- The material displayed on this Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. Unless expressly stated to the contrary to the fullest extent permitted by law, we and our suppliers, content providers and advertisers hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but without limitation to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, damage to goodwill or reputation, or the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, performance or failures of this Website or the Linked Sites and any materials posted thereon, irrespective of whether such damages were foreseeable or arise in contract, tort, equity, restitution, by statute, at common law or otherwise.
- This does not affect Our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
F. Disclaimer as to ownership of trademarks, images of personalities and third party copyright
- Except where expressly stated to the contrary all persons (including their names and images), third party trademarks and content, services and/or locations featured on this Website are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with Us and You should not rely on the existence of such a connection or affiliation.
- Any trademarks/names featured on this Website are owned by the respective trademark owners. Where a trade mark or brand name is referred to it is Used solely to describe or identify the products and services and is in no way an assertion that such products or services are endorsed by or connected to Us.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Us, our directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from Your Use this Website or Your breach of the overall Terms and Conditions, and these ecommerce Terms and Conditions.
- We shall have the right in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services and/or any page of this Website.
- If any part of these Ecommerce Terms and Conditions are unenforceable (including any provision in which We exclude Our liability to You) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms of Service will not be affected all other clauses remaining in full force and effect.
- So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, You agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law.
We operate a complaints handling procedure which We will Use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. Please let Us know if You have any complaints or comments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If You breach these conditions and We take no action, We will still be entitled to Use Our rights and remedies in any other situation where You breach these conditions.
L. Entire Agreement
The above Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between You and Us. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by one of Our directors.